Woop – A Real Time Communication App
All the management functions such as Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing and Controlling will be gone for a toss in the absence of communication. No doubt, there are various communication channels. From a simple ‘Hello’ to a lengthy email, communication takes place in various forms. In every walk of life, communication has become a pre-requisite.
You love to communicate with a few while you hate to converse with vicious minds that trigger illogical conversations. Whatever may be the form of communication, it is undoubtedly the context and the content what matter the most. Today, StartupWhale brings to your knowledge a perfectly progressive stance on Woop, a real-time communication app that cares about content.
Woop is a real-time communication app that cares about context. To all intents and purposes, professional life is completely different from personal life. When you are in a business meeting discussing important business pointers, the so-called social context is quite different from that of your presence in an amusement park with your family members. When you are with your friends, you indulge in leisure and pleasure. Woop, the real-time communication app lets you effortlessly switch between the diverse social contexts thereby allowing you to maintain multiple identities.
Woop has an excellent single chat interface. The chat interface is the brain, heart and spine of Woop. This amazing app lets you share photos and videos, build communities and chat with your kith and kin. Promotion of events is always in the offing. Woop is currently in the beta stage.
Woop is based out of United States of America, North America.
Let us head over to the amazing features of Woop.
Create a hashtag
Ever thought of being your creative best? If you haven’t, surely this is the time for getting creative. ‘Create a hashtag’ feature lets you choose to be yourself. You can either represent a group of people such as your community, neighborhood, club, street etc. You can be anything. You can either be a real name or a pen name. You can either have a nickname or an alter ego. Just be yourself or the one whom you love to be as!
Pick a Mode
Woop is endowed with yet another awesome feature called ‘Mode’. Enlisted below are the three modes present in Woop:
- Teddy Mode: If you ever wish to make your hashtag private, then Teddy mode is for you. In Teddy mode, you will not be disturbed by your fellow community members, neighbors or friends. If you want to be disturbed, there is always a provision of inviting them. To sum it up, Teddy mode is a safe haven that makes your hashtags go private.
- Kitty Mode: If you want to make your hashtag go public, then Kitty mode is for you. Needless to say, this mode sits in the middle of Teddy and Bunny modes. Thanks to Kitty mode, you can always share something really cool with the world.
- Bunny Mode: Do you want everybody and anybody to participate in a conversation? Then surely, it is time to leverage Bunny mode. Thanks to Bunny mode, public conversations can be initiated. To sum it up, Bunny mode is the exact and complete opposite of Teddy mode.
Here is the best feature of Woop. If you wish to create actionable entities such as chat, invite, join and create, just add *. Let the action begin!
The brilliant minds behind this promising app are as follows:
- Vit Abrams: He heads the Product Development team.
- Holga Balina: She is the head of Design
- Alexey Novikov: He is the head of Technology. He can be followed here on twitter.
The Bottom Line
The winds of entrepreneurship are blowing. App development is a fast growing segment. It is really exciting to see apps like Woop that look at problems in terms of behavioral silos. The concept of modes is brilliant. When couples with all the features and chat interface, Woop is sure to carve a niche for itself. The founders of Woop seem to be living their entrepreneurial dreams.
We, the members of StartupWhale, wholeheartedly wish the team of Woop all the very best for the long and promising journey ahead.
You may be interested
6 Hiring Tips For Your Online BusinessChang Kevin - Dec 22, 2020
Getting ready to hire talent for your organization is an exciting step, no matter what kind of work you do. Oftentimes, expanding your team signifies that you’re…
How To Pest Control Before Moving To The New HouseChang Kevin - Dec 21, 2020
Whenever you are moving to another house, it is always good to get in touch with the pest control services beforehand. It doesn’t matter whether the house…
5 Essential Things to Know Before Starting a BusinessChang Kevin - Dec 15, 2020
We are fortunate enough to live in a society that is defined by opportunities. It has never been more straightforward or easier for individuals to fulfill their…